Gone are the days of thinking that you can only use your dishwasher for cleaning dishes! We have come across several household items that people like to clean in their dishwashers alongside their dishes:
- Facial brush: If you use a facial brush with a removable brush, you can clean it monthly in your dishwasher.
- Makeup brushes: Place your makeup brushes in the silverware holder once a month for a thorough cleaning and sanitising. Allow them to fully dry before using them
- Hairbrushes and combs: Remove hair and add them to your dishwasher, which removes build-up and bacterial
- Eyebrow brush: Give it a quick cleaning and de-clumping of makeup, and add it to the silverware holder of the dishwasher once a month.
- Nail clippers: A smart way to sanitise and clean your clippers. Add the clippers to your silverware holder and dry it after washing to prevent rusting.
- Tweezers: Tweezers are also safe to clean in your dishwasher.
- Plastic child toys: If you have a little one, you should know that plastic toys are safe to wash on the top rack of your dishwasher. It will leave them free of germs and grime.
- Cabinet knobs: Most ceramic and metal cabinet knobs are safe to wash in the dishwasher.
- Removable cup holders: Your cup holders in your car? If they’re removable, they are safe to wash in the dishwasher.
- Sponges: Make your sponges last longer and toss them in the dishwasher for a sanitising clean.
- Refrigerator shelves: The shelves of your fridge are also dishwasher safe. If they fit, add them to your load.
- Soap dishes: Soap dishes in the bathroom or kitchen are also safe to wash in the dishwasher. If they are plastic, they should be kept on the top rack.
- Toothbrush holders: Your ceramic or plastic toothbrush holders can be washed on the top rack.
- Light switch plates: Your light switch plates could use a good cleaning. Remove them and add them to your next load of dishes.
- Desk organisers: Your metal desk organisers can also get added to your next load of dishes. Place them on the top rack and run your dishwasher.
Are you game to give any of these a go on your next load?
(Source credit: Popsugar)